Monday, March 30, 2009

Maybe I'm Crazy

Stop me if I'm wrong here, but when you pay someone to watch your child for you, they should be at the designated spot for drop off when you get there to drop said child off for care.

Twice now in as many weeks when I arrived at my day care providers house to drop off my child, she was not home. When it happened for the second time on Friday, I waited for more than 30 minutes for her to return to her house, but she never showed up, and she never even called to tell me what happened. She ended up shooting herself in the foot on that one, because I had her check for the week, and she didn't get paid because she flaked out on me.

This was her second chance that most people felt she didn't deserve, and I'm sorry to say that after more than two years of her watching my daughter, we will have to find someone else. This is unacceptable. She says she depends on the income, but I depend on the ability to drop my daughter off in the morning for a few hours, and I'm not going to pay her if she's not doing her job. Plain and simple.

The other thing that yanks my chain is that I was laid off, and she still wants me to pay the full weekly price to "Hold my spot" for when I find another job. What? I don't have that kind of cash anymore. I don't have a job!

But, C'est la vie...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback from my readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!