Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eleven Years Later



Image credit:  West Lynn Remembers

There are very few things that I can clearly remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when they happened.

The Challenger disaster when I was in First grade, and the attack on the United States are the two I remember most clearly.

Hearing about it on the radio as I drove to work, getting into the office and asking my coworker if she had heard, our boss coming in and saying we have to go find a tv so we can see what's happening, hearing that a third plane went down in PA and fearing for my family's safety until I found out WHERE in PA it went down, and then just standing in the skywalk for what seemed like hours and watching them replay the second plane over and over again as the group that had formed watched and gasped in horror as the towers collapsed and it became obvious that there would not be many survivors.

It was a dark time in the following months, but we rallied because we are Americans and that's what we do. We had been fighting for our freedom for more that 200 hundred years, we weren't about to just roll over and give up. And we haven't.

Every year on this date, we stop and remember. We remember the innocents lost, the brave who ran in and gave their lives, the soldiers who have continued to give their lives in armed service, and that no matter what, we will rise again.

Because we are Americans.

"...One nation, under God, indivisible..."

Image Credit:  Padresteve's World…Musings of a Passionate Moderate

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback from my readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!