Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Survival



Well, I did it. I drove half way across the country, and back, with a baby and a first grader, and I lived to tell about it.

It wasn't easy and, quite honestly, by the last day I didn't like M very much, and I know she really didn't like me either.

The part that I was worried about most, cloth diapering and breastfeeding the baby on the road, ended up being the easiest part of the trip. At four months, Little W was a great passenger and slept most of the time in the car. Sure she had her moments where she cried because she woke up and had to wait a while before I could find a safe place to pull over to take care of her, or because she needed to nap but was fighting sleep. Over all though, she was really easy to travel with.

Her sister really wasn't that bad either, but when you're asked for the 15th time on the first leg of a two day car ride if we are in Iowa yet, you get a little frustrated, and more than a little tired of answering, "We won't be in Iowa until tomorrow."

On a completely separate note, I had a package waiting for me when I returned. My Blissful Booty Cloth Diapers and wipe water sample pack were waiting for me. I couldn't wait to smell the four new scents, or try out the diapers. The scents are great, and I'm waiting for my chance to use them (I have a full bottle of the vanilla lavender mixed right now that I have to use first.) The diapers had to be washed before I could give them a test drive on Little W's bottom, but I'm happy to report that they have been laundered and three of the four have been driven around the block. Look for a review on here very soon.

Until then, remember to hug your kids, kiss your spouse, and tell someone that you care about just what they mean to you. You never know if you'll have that chance again.

Be well, lovelies!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I am a newbie too! I found you on Koala Fuzz. I am glad you survived your road trip with two young children. Kudos! Feel free to come on over to my site: www.cancerinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I found your blog and am a follower now. Welcome to blogging, and good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback from my readers. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!